LHF#73: Light in Darkness



Trials and suffering.
These are things we try to avoid.
And yet, in this life it is a risk that sometimes becomes a reality.
We have in fact been told that we will endure hardship (John 16:33).

While no one wants to deal with suffering, the child of God has an enormous reservoir of hope and strength from which to tap. From demanding circumstances to dire straits, the Lord is ready and willing to hear and answer our prayer. He won't always remove the trial. Often He has substantial growth for us in store as we walk with Him through the valley. This is our assurance. The question is, do we trust Him? Will we accept His plan when it leads us through times of suffering? 

The Lord brings His light into our darkness. For the willing soul, be assured there is a way. Let's consider the testimony of man after God's own heart. Observe the progression. Be encouraged by the transforming, redeeming, miraculous, astounding love of God. Know He will do the same for you.


Oh God, have mercy on me.
I am crying out to You.
I am being destroyed!

Danger is all around me.
I am under attack!
They are seeking to malign and trap me.

You are my refuge in the storm.
I know You will carry me through.
You will save me!

I can count on Your abounding, 
abiding love and faithfulness.
You will fulfill Your purpose for me.
Oh God, my heart is steadfast in You.

You have given me a song; 
I will sing to You with all I've got!
Get the instruments going!
I thank and praise You. 

Lord, be exalted and magnified!
Let the whole world see how great You are!
Psalm 57


written by Gina

Comments

Hannah said…
"From demanding circumstances to dire straits, the Lord is ready and willing to hear and answer our prayer."
Such a great reminder that our prayers are not useless!! Thank you :)