LHF#55 :Roster Rally / Testimony Time




I ran across this list a few days ago. It is a wonderful testimony of ways God is showing His love, keeping His promises, and growing His church during the current pandemic. Tremendously encouraging read. 
Tim Challies: Here is Christian Encouragement From All Over the world

That got me thinking...
We know that God is good:
You are good and do good.
Psalm 119:68

And we know that He is working for the good of His people:
We know that 
God is always at work 
for the good of 
everyone who loves him. 
Romans 8:28 (CEV)

So I thought, let's make our own list!
This can be a valuable exercise of praise, even as we are mindful of the fact that we see only a small portion of what God is doing.
You have multiplied, 
O LORD my God, 
your wondrous deeds 
and your thoughts toward us; 
none can compare with you! 
I will proclaim and tell of them, 
yet they are more than can be told.
Psalm 40:5

Nevertheless, let our hearts sing for joy at His power and goodness!
For great is the LORD, 
and greatly to be praised.
1 Chronicles 16:25

And just like that, we arrive at this week's Roster Rally.
It's time to raise your hand and be counted! :)

For this week's Roster Rally we want to focus on the wonderful and mighty works of God. Specifically during these past weeks of the coronavirus crisis, how have you seen and experienced God's good work? 

Our goal is to glorify the Lord and encourage one another by sharing a word of testimony.

List your answers, one to ... however many we will be blessed to read!
Doesn't have to be long.
Doesn't have to be fancy.
Anything God is up to is impressive!

Testimony Time Roster Rally, let's go!


written by Gina

Comments

Nikki said…
1. The cheerful daffodils blooming outside
2. A powerful reminder of Who is really in control and to remember my dependance on Him and need to cling to Him- even when all this is over and things are more "normal" again.
Gina said…
3. Through our Thursday Zoom DGs I have seen God at work in the lives of several women. He has protected from sickness and during traveling, led to repentance and freedom, guided through difficult decisions, given contentment in tough times, provided needed finances, led some to deeper relationships with family members, emboldened others to share their faith with unbelievers, and is bringing so many of us into closer fellowship and more devoted lives with Him. God has been busy! So wonderful to see His good work during this uncertain time. This has made a profound impact on my faith and has encouraged my heart tremendously.
Hannah said…
4. Very encouraging youth group call on Saturday. Strengthened by the hope and
promises that He gives me to keep going.
Gina said…
5. God is helping me trust Him in new and deeper ways. As we can't see our kids or parents, having to let go of the ways I was involved in ministry I was struggling with a sense of purposelessness. In seeking the Lord through Bible reading and prayer He has been showing me the truths, promises, and blessings that remain unchanged. He has opened my eyes to the possibilities of these weeks of quarantine. He has given me His peace amidst the uncertainty. All these ways I have been experiencing His grace have led me to love and depend on Him more.
Gina said…
6. As we see the uncertainty of this life so clearly, God has been been giving me a renewed desire to invest in things that have eternal value. He has been showing me the unpredictability, brevity, and emptiness of many things I fill my days with, come to count on, and even feel I need. I am encouraged to forsake fluff, continue seeking His balance, and even more to bring an eternal perspective to all things daily and practical.