LHF#51: Waiting for the Lord



Times of waiting can stretch us. We are hoping for something, often living in uncertainty. Circumstances can take us up and down on waves of relief and despair. Add to that increased pressure and mounting fear and you have a perfect storm brewing, threatening  spiritual discouragement. 

In one such round of extended waiting in my life, the Lord graciously led me to some verses that became my focus and prayer. Not immediately, mind you! It was a process of going deep with God, wrestling with the themes, and gaining His perspective. No magic bullet, but an anchor for the soul. My faith was strengthened as I learned how to wait. It was a struggle that led to peace and joy. 

Consequently, I have often come back to these verses in the situation we are currently facing. This is, in fact, the second entry on these verses for this blog. I'm sure you have your verses or portions of Scripture that you turn to when times are tough. You know, those deeply impactful, whammo truths that stir your soul? These are some of mine. So I share them with you, again! May God encourage you deeply in His unfathomable, unshakable, never-ending love for you.


Our soul waits 
for the Lord;
he is our help 
and our shield.
For our heart 
is glad in him,
because we trust 
in his holy name.
Let your 
steadfast love, 
o Lord, 
be upon us, 
even as we 
hope in you. 
Psalm 33:20-22


Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor / Matt Boswell & Matt Papa


written by Gina

Comments