LHF#48: Burdens to Bear



One of the passages that I am required to memorize for this school year is Matthew 11:28-29. I was surprised to notice how applicable these verses are to our current situation.


Come to me 

all who are labor and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you, 
and learn from me, 
for I am gentle and lowly in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls. 
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. 


It is easy to be heavy laden in this time of uncertainty. It is easy to be burdened, and even to make our own burdens. But it's important to remember that God holds all things in His hand. Every moment, every decision, and every worry that may befall us. 


Are you weary of carrying your burden? 

Are you tired of your anxious heart? 
Are you in desperate need of rest?

Give all your worries, all your concerns, all your burdens to God.


"And you will find rest for your souls."


written by Hannah

Comments

Jessie said…
Thank you very much for this perfect reminder Hannah! Was great timing!!!
Hannah said…
Oh Jessie! Glad that it was an encouragement to you :)