LHF#22: Ultimate Goal



This is a confusing time. I find myself wondering how all of this can turn out for good. This virus is spreading fast, fear is rising, and people are dying. As I was doing my devotions the other day I was struck with the following verse:

"So that all the peoples of the earth may know that the hand of the Lord is mighty, that you may fear the Lord your God forever."
Joshua 4:24

I started wondering, what if His ultimate goal in this is that the earth will know that there is a God? What if His intention is that all the nations will fear His name? What if the Lord will take a seemingly negative concept and turn it into a positive one? Doesn't seem possible, does it? Well, thankfully, we have a God who specializes in the impossible. 

I pray that not only non-believers but also us as Christians would start to see the good in this chaos. That we would be able to see that the Lord is mighty and He should be feared. How have you seen the mighty hand of God working recently?


written by Hannah

Comments

Gina said…
I am seeing sisters in the Lord reaching out to one another more and wanting to pray together more. And I am seeing Him do a mighty and a beautiful work in your heart! :)
Anonymous said…
I see families slowing down and spending more time together. Families turning to God and doing family devotions when they previously thought they were too busy. I see mothers at home with their children, pouring love and energy into them instead of coming home from a long day at work too tired to interact with them much. I see people sharing what they have and reaching out to help others. So many things already.
Karen
Hannah said…
Wow, that is so encouraging! Thank you for sharing. (And thanks mama ;))