LHF#12: Blind Hope



A virus is invisible. Well, to the naked eye anyway. 
But even though we can't see it, the coronavirus is very real to us. So much so that it is effecting many of our daily choices, our relationships, our government, and our world. 
This reminded me of something else we can't see...


Now faith 
is the assurance of things hoped for, 
the conviction of things not seen.
Hebrews 13:1


This verse is talking specifically about faith in God. So I am thinking that my faith has to be even more real to me right now than this virus. 

I have no idea what the next days will bring. Will this get even more out of control? Will all our social distancing help at all to minimize the effects of the virus? I feel at times like I'm in a thick fog, only able to take one step at a time.

Even so, I do hope in God. I am assured of His presence and provision. My conviction is that He can be trusted to keep His promises and that His truth will stand. Some would call that blind faith. I'm calling it survival!

And yet the news and the worries are fighting for my focus. The desire for this whole mess to be over is competing for my hope.    
Can anyone relate? If so, how is God helping you to trust in Him?  


written by Gina 

Comments

Unknown said…
I can certainly relate to the news and the worries bringing me anxiety. I have to remind myself several times a day that God is in control, that He will watch over me, that whatever comes is His plan. I'm thankful for my church family, for Pastor, Gina, and Hannah who are helping to keep us focused on God's Word at this difficult time. Judy Todd